My career in financial services began in 2000, with my first 6 years spent working for Fund Managers and Life Insurance companies – learning the industry from the inside out, time which in hindsight was the perfect preparation for my life as Financial Adviser. In 2006 I joined Advice First as the Insurance & Risk Management specialist, and then became a Partner here in 2013.
I am passionate about protecting families and small business owners from unforeseen life events such as death, illness or injury. Too often, I have witnessed devastating financial consequences because a parent or a business partner neglected to put appropriate plans and protection in place. As a dad and business partner myself, I understand not just the motivations for insurance but also the realities of a budget.
Beyond risk management and insurance, I have extensive technical knowledge and practical experience in wealth management and retirement planning. I enjoy guiding clients through the intricacies of superannuation and pension planning and gain satisfaction from helping clients realise their personal and financial goals.
Beyond work, I enjoy spending time with my family, surfing, snowboarding, hiking and travelling. I’ve been fortunate enough to combine these interests during travels to Asia, Europe, South America, New Zealand, Nepal and India – keenly engaging in conversation with anyone about anything relating to travel and adventure!
My areas of specialisation at Advice First (what I do):
- Personal and family protection (life insurance and income protection)
- Business succession planning (key person and ownership protection insurance)
- Superannuation fund selection
- Wealth management (investing money)
- Retirement planning and pension maximisation (including Centrelink)
- Budgeting and cash flow management
- Group insurance for company employees (insurance and salary continuance)
- Bachelor of International Finance (Accounting Major)
- Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning