As the Managing Partner I am responsible for the day to day management and long term strategic development of Advice First. Prior to joining the firm in 2004, I enjoyed an 18 year corporate career in financial services, which included executive roles in Australia and the challenging yet rewarding role of Director of Distribution for AMP Japan based in Tokyo.
From a business perspective, I measure my success in three ways:
- Happy loyal clients that actively refer friends and family to our firm
- Dedicated hard working team members that love their job
- A business that is sustainably profitable
I have been a licensed financial adviser since 1987 and have always held a genuine passion for assisting people to succeed in their pursuit of life goals. My wife (Angela) and I have been married since 1992 and we have two wonderful children, Emma and Tom. Whilst business and pleasure have taken me to many parts of the world, I love calling the Gold Coast home and enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle of boating and golfing.
Qualifications and Professional Accreditations
- Diploma of Financial Markets (Securities Institute of Australia)
- Diploma of Life Insurance (Australian Insurance Institute)
- Justice of the Peace
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Financial Services Institute of Australasia
- Financial Planning Association of Australia